In hot temperatures, having a functioning air conditioner is critical to keeping cool. We’ve already exceeded the 70’s here in Tampa Bay. With that said, maintaining a working air conditioning system is critical. Here, we will walk you through what maintenance looks like for these units during this time of year.
First and foremost, it is important for homeowners to identify the best time of scheduling a local AC repair or maintenance service. Our team of expert technicians recommends having professional maintenance completed two times a year to keep the system running smoothly and efficiently. The best time to have your AC checked is in the early spring, right before your air conditioning unit starts working overtime to keep you and your family cool. This will help identify and eliminate problems before they occur, giving you peace of mind as we head into the hot summer months and help make sure your home is cool, when you need it the most.
What Can Be Treated
Besides ensuring the unit is functioning properly, regular air conditioning maintenance offers a path to better air quality and efficient energy usage. Let’s take a look!
Air conditioners play a significant role in maintaining healthy indoor air quality while reducing humidity levels. This is very important, as poor air quality has been known to cause respiratory problems ranging from asthma to bronchitis and even worse. Luckily, a little AC maintenance can go a long way to keeping your home’s air fresh and clean.
- Replace air filters. This clears out the dust and dirt buildup that has formed from the natural collection of particles that attach to the filters. Replacing filters on a monthly basis allows your system to function at full capacity while eliminating harmful airborne pollutants.
- Remove any dirt or debris from outdoor units. Like having a clean filter, a clear unit is just as essential to a strong AC system.
By inspecting the AC unit, a professional can determine whether it is running efficiently or not. This encompasses:
- Checking the compressor. As the heart of the air conditioning, making sure this component is running properly is crucial to your air conditioner’s performance.
- Reviewing sensors and electric controls. By checking these parts, we can ensure the temperature control features are accurate.
- Checking for and addressing any leaks within the system. Fixing leaks immediately is key to avoiding further issues with the AC system.
- And more!
Setting Up Service
For all of your air conditioning needs throughout Pinellas County, FL, and the surrounding areas, reach out to our experienced team here at Joe Cool Home Services. Besides air conditioning assistance and installation, we also offer local plumbing services, drain cleaning and more. Contact us for more information!